Sunday, 1 December 2013

The Life of a Piñata

A few weeks ago I celebrated my 18th birthday with a dinosaur themed party. So a few days before hand I got to work creating a piñata.



I read a few guides but for the most part it was improvised.





As it started to take shape I got more and more attached to the dinosaur.





I think it was around the decorating part that I decided her name was Jane. This was probably my greatest error - never EVER name a piñata.




Finally the day of the party arrived and Jane had come to life. Unfortunately it had rained all morning and we had nowhere to string her up.



Jane’s future was uncertain but she was blissfully unaware. She was just happy to be part of the party.



It was several hours into the night before we finally found a solution and the piñata was hung in the door way.




Jane was a little bewildered. She didn’t know what she was doing here or why everyone was suddenly so focused on her.

Everyone insisted I make the first blow. It wasn’t easy; I’ll never forget the look of betrayal in Jane’s vacant eyes.



Other guests took their turn to bash the innocent dinosaur but she would not break. The giant bone snapped before she did.





Jane fell to the ground but still she would not break.






She was beaten, stabbed and clobbered until finally...



LOLLIES!


I still have the detached head of Jane sitting on my bookshelf. Her one eye still watching me and asking why.

No comments:

Post a Comment